Interim Manager of Billing of Ambulatory RCM and Multi-Specialty Clinics (Interim to permanent/full time)
We are interviewing immediately for an Interim Manager of Billing for Revenue Cycle Management over Ambulatory/Multi-Specialty Clinics in a not for profit health system in California.
Highly competitive pay.
Travel expenses, paid housing and car allowance
6 month initial contract with option to renew. (Highly prefer those who would be interested in potentially transitioning from Interim to full time.)
- Plans and direct coding functions within the Ambulatory Revenue Cycle.
- Responsible for the management of the Ambulatory Revenue Cycle coding staff to include: (1) Procurement of staff (2) Training and Education (3) Quality Assurance & Productivity (4) Performance Reviews (5) Performance improvement plans and disciplinary processes.
- Researches, enhances, and maintains educational content related to ICD-10 to include introductions and awareness to ICD-10 CM systems, documentation requirements and improvement, coding and billing, and other ICD-10 related topics
- Manages coding personnel and conducts performance studies and periodic coding denial and charge capture audits to ensure documentation is consistent with billing and adheres to nationally established rules and guidelines
- Manages coding audits and physician onboarding, and conducts performance studies and periodic record audits to ensure policies and procedures are met
- Ensures protection of private health and personal information, including credit card information. Adhere to all HIPAA and PCI compliance regulations.
- Leads and oversees charge capture processes to include a charge capture system and regular and systematic reviews of all clinical areas to ensure accurate charge entry for all services provided
- Ensures patient encounters are coded timely and monitors charge lag
- Implement specific performance measurement criteria and distribute a dashboard of key indicators to the organization’s management team and to Finance.
- Thoroughly understands and utilizes the Cerner and Patient Accounting system reporting and operating capabilities.
- Maintains a current knowledge of and ensured compliance with the relevant policies and procedures pertaining to patient confidentiality, patient rights, government, and insurance and third-party payer regulations.
- Regularly schedules and conducts staff meetings.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Administrative Healthcare related field required.
2. Seven (7) years of experience in Ambulatory Coding Management required.
3. Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist_Physician (CCS-P), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)or AAPC’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC*) credential required.
KW: Interim Director of Patient Financial Services, Interim Director of Revenue Cycle Management, interim Director of CBO, Interim Consultant Revenue Cycle Management, Interim Director of A/R Operations, Interim Business Office Director, Interim Business Office Manager